The goal of Space Management is to address crowded conditions, facilitate the normal eruption of permanent teeth, maintain the site of a missing permanent tooth for future implant replacement, or “create” appropriate space for the eventual implant replacement.
Space Management is often needed in a variety of situations:
• Premature loss of primary teeth from decay/trauma
• Crowding in the mixed dentition
• Congenitally missing permanent tooth/teeth
• Traumatic loss of permanent tooth/teeth
• Loss of permanent tooth secondary to severe decay
Click the PDF icon to download the Space Management Infographic to view the dental images.